2020年8月19日 星期三

旅人 Traveller

 旅人 Traveller

    旅人 Traveller  23x34cm    2020_0806     

釋文:

旅人你必須走嗎是怎樣的呼喚在黑暗中催促你

R.Tagore, The Gardener 63

Traveller must you goWhat call from the dark urges you?


原詩如下:

               63

  Traveller must you go

人,你必須走嗎

 

  The night is still and the darkness swoons upon the forest.

  夜很靜,黑暗在樹林間昏睡。

 

  The lamps are bright in our balcony the flowers all fresh and the youthful eyes still awake.

  我的凉台上通明,繁花鲜美,青春的眼睛醒着。

 

  Is the time for your parting come

  你離開時間到了

 

  Traveller must you go

  人,你必

 

  We have not bound your feet with our entreating arms.

  我不曾用求的手臂抱住你的足。

 

  Your doors are open. Your horse stands saddled at the gate.

  你的門開著。你立在外的也已上了鞍鞯。

 

  If we have tried to bar your passage it was but with our songs.

  如果我住你的去路,也只用我的歌曲。

 

  Did we ever try to hold you back it was but with our eyes.

  如果我曾想挽留你,也只用我的眼睛。

 

  Traveller we are helpless to keep you. We have only our tears.

  人,我们没有希望留住你,我只有眼

 

  What quenchless fire glows in your eyes

  在你眼裡發光的是怎樣的不之火?

 

  What restless fever runs in your blood

  在你血管中奔流的是怎樣力?

 

  What call from the dark urges you

  是怎樣的呼喚在黑暗中催促你

 

  What awful incantation have you read among the stars in the sky that with a sealed secret message the night entered your heart silent and strange

  你天上的星星中,念到什可怕的咒,就是黑夜沉默而样地走你心中的那密封的秘密的消息?

 

  If you do not care for merry meetings if you must have peace weary heart we shall put our lamps out and silence our harps.

  如果你不喜熱鬧,如果你需要安静,困乏的心,我就吹滅燈火,停止管絃

 

  We shall sit still in the dark in the rustle of leaves and the tired moon will shed pale rays on your window.

  我們將靜坐黑暗裡風葉聲中,慵懶的月亮在你窗上白的光

 

  O traveller what sleepless spirit has touched you from the heart of the midnight

  旅人,是什不眠的精靈從午夜的心中觸動

     

死亡的恐懼原本是每隻動物都一樣的,雖然「人之異於禽獸者幾希」,但人畢竟是有理性、有道義、有幽默感、有感情的,所以不同人在面對死亡時會有非常不同的表現。當<鐵達尼號>上的兩千多人知道將要沈船的時候,每個人的情緒反應、每個人最快也是最後的抉擇是多麼天差地別!

 

詩人在年紀大的時候,意識到生命的極限快到了。但是此時詩人的感嘆是如此超脫而幽默!

 

他把自己化成兩個人:一個是還活著的,一個是即將死亡的人;那活著的人對另一個人的即將離去感到[很不捨,他不明白「是怎樣的呼喚在黑暗中催促」他,為什麼他「必須走」。 這樣的詩句像兒童一般天真,語氣誠懇、溫馨感人。

 

讀泰戈爾這首詩,你就不再怕死,你會覺得死亡很可愛,很有人情味。

 

我寫到最後三個字的時候,發現它們都是人字旁,索性把它們連在一起。

















標籤: ,

0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁