2021年3月25日 星期四

 

大地之母 Mother Earth

 Mother Earth      22 x 33 cm      calligraph     2021_0323  

釋文:

在你美的創造之上,蒙著淚水的迷霧。

Over your creations of beauty there is the mist of tears.

R. Tagore, The Gardener 73

 

原文如下:

    73

 
Infinite wealth is not yours
, my patient and dusky mother dust!
無量的財富不是你的,我耐心的大地之母。
 
You toil to fill the mouths of your children
, but food is scarce.
你操勞着餵養你的兒女,但糧食總是不夠。
 
The gift of gladness that you have for us is never perfect.
你给我們的歡樂禮物,永遠不足。
 
The toys that you make for your children are fragile.
你给孩子們做的玩具不牢固。
 
You cannot satisfy all our hungry hopes
, but should I desert you for that?
你不能满足我們的一切渴望,但是我能為此背棄你嗎?
 
Your smile which is shadowed with pain is sweet to my eyes.
你含著痛苦陰影的微笑,在我眼裡是甜美的。
 
Your love which knows not fulfilment is dear to my heart.
你永不充足的愛,在我的心裡是親切的。
 
From your breast you have fed us with life but not immortality
, that is why your eyes are ever wakeful.
從母乳裡,你是以生命而不是以不朽哺育我們,因此你的眼睛永遠警醒。
 
For ages you are working with colour and song
, yet your heaven is not built, but only its sad suggestion.
你經年累月用色彩和詩歌工作,但是你的天堂没能建成,只預感到它的悲愁。
 
Over your creations of beauty there is the mist of tears.
在你美的創造之上,蒙著淚水的迷霧。
 
I will pour my ongs into your mute heart
, and my love into your love.
我將把我的詩歌傾入你無言的心裡,把我的愛注入你的愛中。
 
I will worship you with labour.
我要用勞動敬拜你。
 
I have seen your tender face and I love your mournful dust
, Mother Earth.
我看見你温慈的臉,我愛你慈悲的塵土,大地母親。

 

這首詩是泰戈爾對大地的禮讚;也闡明他創作的方向。

 大地之母謙卑忍讓,奉獻自己,養育萬物,而從不居功。

 大地用生命餵養子女,但她的子民卻不滿足。

 她的愛永不止息,她的辛勞永無止境。她未能把天堂建成,只預見其悲愁。「在你美的創造之上,蒙著淚水的迷霧。」

 大地的外表滿是塵土,她不追求個人的虛榮,只默默奉獻。

 大地的慈悲和堅忍啟發泰戈爾創作的靈感。「我將把我的詩歌傾入你無言的心裡,把我的愛注入你的愛中。」這樣的陳述很直接,很簡單,意味深長!



0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁