2021年7月6日 星期二

 Time Is Short 時間短

      時間短Time Is Short    23x33cm    2020_0328

釋文
我只拭去眼淚改變我歌聲的曲調時間短
I cannot but wipe away my tears and change the tune of my song. For time is short.
R. Tagore, Gardener 46
原文如下

46
 
You left me and went on your way.
你離我而去
 
I thought I should mourn for you and set your solitary image in my heart wrought in a golden song.
我原想為你哀悼把你孤獨的影像在我心上成金色的詩歌
 
But ah, my evil fortune, time is short.
但是不幸時間短促
 
Youth wanes year after year; the spring days are fugitive; the frail flowers die for nothing, and the wise man warns me that life is but a dew-drop on the lotus leaf.
青春一年一年消逝春光短暫而飄忽脆弱的花朵平白凋謝那聰明人警告我人生只是荷葉上的一滴露珠
 
Should I neglect all this to gaze after one who has turned her back on me?
我怎能忽視這一切只凝望那離我而去的背影
 
That would be rude and foolish, for time is short.
那將是粗魯而愚蠢的因為時間短
 
Then, come, my rainy nights with pattering feet; smile, my golden autumn; come, careless April, scattering your kisses abroad.
所以來吧那伴隨著腳步聲的雨夜笑吧我的金秋來吧無所顧忌的四月到處拋擲你的親吻吧
 
You come, and you, and you also!
你來吧,你也來,還有你!
 
My loves, you know we are mortals.  Is it wise to break one's heart for the one who takes her heart away?  For time is short.
我心愛的人們你知道我們的生命有限為一個帶走她的心的人而心碎是明智的嗎時間短促
 
It is sweet to sit in a corner to muse and write in rhymes that you are all my world.
坐在一個角落凝思把佔有我全部世界的你們寫成詩篇是多麼甜美的事啊
 
It is heroic to hug one's sorrow and determine not to be consoled.
抱著自己的憂傷決意不接受撫慰的人多麼勇敢
 
But a fresh face peeps across my door and raises its eyes to my eyes.
但是有一個新面孔從在門口窺視我,雙眼對雙眼。
 
I cannot but wipe away my tears and change the tune of my song.
我只拭去眼淚改變我歌聲的曲調
 
For time is short.
因為時間短


並不是每次靈感來了之後,藝術家就能順利完成作品,米開蘭基羅就曾經把辛苦了幾個月即將完成的壁畫整個刮除,重新構想。

靈感的出現雖然令人興奮但它常常飄忽不定有時很難掌握如果藝術家把太多時間花在跟那些善變的靈感糾纏不清他將一事無成所以泰戈爾說,不要哀悼那些無情離去的舊靈感,應該多關注更多的新靈感。

 靈感有時不能成事,是因為它本身不完整,或是不成熟;有時新的構想遇到新的挑戰;有時有不明的原因在其中作祟。但無論如何,該放棄就放棄,泰戈爾不能容忍作品中的任何虛假或貧乏,在靈感散落消失的時候,最好「拭去眼淚改變歌聲的曲調。」「因為時間短。」

新奇的四季變化,豐富的日常生活…都是泰戈爾靈感的來源。 


0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁