2021年9月23日 星期四

豐富儲藏 Much Remains

     Much Remains 豐富儲藏        23x35cm        calligraph        2021_0921

釋文我還有豐富的儲藏,命運未把我騙光。

Much remains still.  My fate has not cheated me of everything.

R. Tagore, Gardener 71

原文如下

71


The day is not yet done, the fair is not over, the fair on the river-bank.

白日未盡,河岸上的市集未散。

I had feared that my time had been squandered and my last penny lost.

我擔心我白費時間,且一文不名。

But no, my brother, I have still something left. My fate has not cheated me of everything.

但是,沒有,兄弟,我還有剩餘。命運未把我騙光。



The selling and buying are over.

停止交易了。

All the dues on both sides have been gathered in, and it is time for me to go home.

兩邊的稅都付了,我該回家了。

But, gatekeeper, do you ask for your toll?

但是,大門守衛,你要我付會費嗎?

Do not fear, I have still something left. My fate has not cheated me of everything.

別擔心,我還有點剩餘。命運未把我騙光。



The lull in the wind threatens storm, and the lowering clouds in the west bode no good.

風聲恐致暴雨,低低的雲層是凶兆。

The hushed water waits for the wind.

不敢出聲的河水在等待著狂風。

I hurry to cross the river before the night overtakes me.

夜晚來臨之前,我要趕緊過河。

O ferryman, you want your fee!

喔,船東,你要向我收費!

Yes, brother, I have still something left. My fate has not cheated me of everything.

是的,兄弟,我還有點剩餘。命運未把我騙光。



In the wayside under the tree sits the beggar. Alas, he looks at my face with a timid hope!

路邊樹下坐著一個乞丐,唉呀,他懷著羞怯的希望看著我!

He thinks I am rich with the day's profit.

他以為我今天賺了不少。

Yes, brother, I have still something left. My fate has not cheated me of everything.

是的,兄弟,我還有點剩餘。命運未把我騙光。



The night grows dark and the road lonely. Fireflies gleam among the leaves.

天黑了,路上很寂靜,螢火蟲在樹葉間閃爍。

Who are you that follow me with stealthy silent steps?

是誰鬼鬼祟祟地跟著我?

Ah, I know, it is your desire to rob me of all my gains. I will not disappoint you!

啊,我知道,你想要侵占我的所得。我不會讓你失望!

For I still have something left, and my fate has not cheated me of everything.

因為我還有點剩餘。命運未把我騙光。



At midnight I reach home. My hands are empty.

半夜我回到家,兩手空空。

You are waiting with anxious eyes at my door, sleepless and silent.

你沒睡,在門前殷切地,安靜地盼望著我,等著我。

Like a timorous bird you fly to my breast with eager love.

像一隻膽小的鳥兒,你滿懷熱愛地飛到我的懷抱

Ay, ay, my God, much remains still. My fate has not cheated me of everything

,啊,我的天,我還有豐富的儲藏,命運未把我騙光。



這首詩的第一人稱反覆慶幸「 命運未把我騙光 」但事實上當他回到家時已經「 兩手空空 」身無分文。可是他依然說「我還有豐富的儲藏」。那豐富的儲藏就是「 愛 」。

無私的大愛使一般人因為不貪心而變得富有,使窮人因為不自私而慷慨,使所有的人因為有愛而富足無缺。

他在市集結束時「 擔心我白費時間,且一文不名。」可見他沒賺多少;他付了會費,又買了船票,剩下的就更少了,但是他還是憐憫乞者,把他剩餘的錢分出去了一些;當竊賊出現的時候,他竟然主動說「 我不會讓你失望!」回到家,已經沒錢了;但他的信心還是沒有動搖,他覺得自己很富足,因為他心中有滿滿的愛。

心中的愛不會被搶奪,而且越給越豐富。







0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁